Brampton Man Charged After Reportedly Fleeing Police
A Brampton motorcyclist has been charged by Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in an incident where he reportedly fled officers.
On August 16 just before 3 p.m., an OPP officer from the West Parry Sound Detachment saw a motorcycle speeding down Seguin Street in Parry Sound, reads a recent release from OPP.
“Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop, but the black motorcycle failed to stop and fled the area,” reads the release.
According to police, the motorcycle was weaving in and out of traffic and going through stop lights.
“The motorcycle failed to negotiate a turn on Parry Sound Road and went into the ditch. The driver fled on foot.”
The K9 unit and Emergency Response Unit (ERT) attended and the suspect was located, according to police.
Daniel Varcoe, 34, of Brampton was charged with:
- Flight while pursed by peace officer
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle
- Driving while disqualified - court order, four counts
- Drive motor vehicle - no plates,
The accused was held in custody and will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- Suspect in Custody After Police Officer Injured During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Peel Police Officer Charged in Collision that Killed a Motorcyclist
- A Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police