Brampton Man Charged After Resisting Arrest
A 32-year-old Brampton man has been charged after resisting arrest.
On January 21 at 12:37 p.m., a Peel police officer called for assistance after a traffic stop in the Ashby Field Road and Bovaird area resulted in a scuffle between the officer and the suspect. Both the officer and the accused suffered minor injuries.
According to Peel police, the suspect was arrested in relation to highway traffic offenses including failing to identify himself and driving with a suspended license.
Now, 32 year old Brampton man Orlando Smart has been charged with assault with intent to resist arrest, obstruct peace officer, carrying a concealed weapon, and possession of a restricted device.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- LATEST: Ontario reports 211 new cases of COVID-19 and two additional deaths
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior