Brampton Man Charged After Resisting Arrest
A 32-year-old Brampton man has been charged after resisting arrest.
On January 21 at 12:37 p.m., a Peel police officer called for assistance after a traffic stop in the Ashby Field Road and Bovaird area resulted in a scuffle between the officer and the suspect. Both the officer and the accused suffered minor injuries.
According to Peel police, the suspect was arrested in relation to highway traffic offenses including failing to identify himself and driving with a suspended license.
Now, 32 year old Brampton man Orlando Smart has been charged with assault with intent to resist arrest, obstruct peace officer, carrying a concealed weapon, and possession of a restricted device.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton