Brampton Man Charged for Assaulting Peace Officer
Investigators from 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have charged a male as a result of an investigation in the area of Bramalea Rd and Steeles Ave in the City of Brampton.
On Wednesday, September 12, 2018, at approximately 12:30 a.m., an officer was conducting an investigation in regards to a Highway Traffic Act offence when he was attacked by a male who was not involved in the original investigation. The accused then fled the area on foot.
The officer suffered lower body injuries and requested immediate assistance to apprehend the attacker as he was unable to do so. A significant police response attended the area and a short time later, Cole Tilley a 22 year-old man from Brampton, was arrested and charged for the offence of assaulting a peace officer. Tilley will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on a later date in answer to the charge.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Popular American chicken joint goes international, opening new locations in Ontario
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 460 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,956 total cases found in Brampton
- Police Arrest Brampton Male in Animal Cruelty Investigation
- Peel police seeking public's assistance in sexual assault investigation
- Peel Police Asking For Help in Relation to Brampton Shooting Investigation
- Suspects Charged in Brampton Robbery Investigation
- Suspect Arrested Following Criminal Harassment Investigation in Brampton