Brampton man charged in a sexual assault investigation
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit have charged a man in a sexual assault investigation.
Police say that recently, a young victim came forward in regard to ongoing incidents involving inappropriate text messages, which began in the spring of 2018 and lead to an arrest on December 3, 2019.
Investigators have arrested Eduart Pacheco, a 55-year-old male from Brampton, who was a hockey coach for a youth hockey team.
He is also being charged with sexual assault, sexual interference and criminal harassment.
Police say he appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton last week and investigators believe that there may also be additional victims.
Police are asking that anyone who has had contact with Pacheco and believe they have been the victim of a criminal offence, to contact officers from the Special Victims Unit.
Anyone with information is also asked to call investigators at the Special Victim's Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
Information may also be submitted anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Private school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- High School Teacher from Brampton Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Male Charged with Sexual Assault at Hotel in Brampton
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton