Brampton Man Charged in Alleged Sexual Assault of 12-Year-Old Girl
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with an alleged sexual assault on a 12-year-old girl.
Toronto police say that on Monday, Feb. 26 at about 8:45 a.m., the victim, who was walking to school, was approached by a man in the Midland Avenue and Lawrence Avenue East area in Toronto's east end.
Police allege that the man grabbed the girl by her shoulders and subsequently lowered his hands and touched her buttocks.
Police say several students witnessed the incident and reported it to school administration.
On Tuesday, Feb. 27, 29-year-old Brampton man Ranjit Singh was arrested and charged with sexual assault and sexual interference.
He appeared in court on Tuesday, Feb. 27.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100.
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault on 12-Year-Old in Brampton
- Police Identify Man Charged in Sexual Assault Investigation in Brampton
- Brampton-Area Gymnastics Coach Charged With Sexual Assault
- High School Teacher from Brampton Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault