Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Assault on Parking Enforcement Officer
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with an assault on a parking enforcement officer.
According to Toronto police, the officer observed a vehicle parked in a no parking zone in the Church Street and Front Street East area in Toronto on Wednesday, June 14. When the officer approached the vehicle and asked the driver to move it, he allegedly refused to comply with her request.
When the officer issued a ticket, the accused reportedly began yelling at and following her before spitting on her.
Police say 36-year-old Dean Christopher Barnes was arrested and charged with assaulting a peace officer.
He is scheduled to appear in court August 14.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100.
- A $1 million lotto ticket was sold in Brampton
- Police searching for missing 16-year-old boy from Brampton
- Road closures in place due to leak in Brampton
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says
- Brampton Man Arrested After Allegedly Assaulting a Parking Enforcement Officer
- Brampton Man Charged With Assaulting Police Officer
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Peel Region
- Peel Police Officer Charged Following Multiple Alleged Assault Incidents
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault