Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Five Shootings
Police say a 20-year-old Brampton man is facing 48 charges, including seven attempted murder charges, in connection with five separate shootings—one of which targeted a four-year-old girl.
Toronto police allege that on Tuesday, Jan. 9 at approximately 4 p.m., a man with a gun approached a 19-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl who were standing inside the hallway of a building in the Rathburn Road and The West Mall area.
Police say the suspect began to shoot multiple rounds at the man and girl, hitting the man before eventually fleeing the area.
The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries and the girl was unharmed.
On Tuesday, Jan. 16 at approximately 3:10 p.m., a 47-year-old man was allegedly approached and shot by another man while standing in the Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue area. After that incident, the suspect reportedly fled the area.
Police allege the suspect was involved in three other shooting incidents after that.
On Saturday, Jan. 20 at approximately 4:30 p.m., a 20-year-old man was walking in the Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue area when the suspect exited a vehicle and allegedly began to shoot at him.
On Sunday, Jan. 21 at approximately 3:30 p.m., a 35-year-old man and four-year-old girl were approached by the suspect while in a vehicle in the Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue area. Police say the man began to shoot at the man and girl before fleeing the area. No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
Police say that later that day, a 19-year-old man was approached by a man driving a vehicle in the Rathburn Road and Renforth Drive area. The man in the vehicle allegedly produced a gun and began to shoot at him before fleeing the area.
On Monday, Jan. 22, Adam Abdi was arrested and charged with seven counts of attempted murder, five counts of possessing a restricted firearm, five counts of breaching probation and more.
Officers say they seized a firearm during the arrest.
He appeared in court on Jan 22.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Brampton Man Charged in Alleged Sexual Assault of 12-Year-Old Girl
- 96 year old Brampton man charged with two counts of sexual assault
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered
- Brampton man charged in connection with abduction of 14-year-old boy