Brampton Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run Collision
Police have charged a Brampton man in connection with a fail to remain collision that left one man dead in Mississauga.
On Wednesday, Aug. 2, at approximately 12:00 a.m., the accused was driving a grey Mazda sedan on Edwards Boulevard towards Topflight Drive. According to police, the vehicle struck 62-year-old Mississauga man Kasim Khurami, who was crossing the roadway as the car was turning.
On Aug. 4, 55-year-old Ramesh Banjara was charged with failing to stop at the scene of an accident causing death and careless driving.
He was scheduled to appear for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or who may have information regarding the actions of the driver or pedestrian prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Woman Charged With Impaired Driving After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Connection With Fatal Street Racing Crash