Brampton Man Charged in Fatal Toronto Drive-By Shooting
Toronto police recently laid charges for a drive-by shooting in Toronto last year.
On Wednesday, Octover 25, 2017, Toronto police arrested and charged Trestan Brown, 24, of Brampton, with the second-degree murder of Abdullah Farah, 20, of Toronto.
Police say that on Sunday, April 17, 2016, at 1:30 a.m., they responded to a shooting at Danforth Avenue and Coxwell Avenue in Toronto.
When police arrived on scene, they discovered a man without vital signs.
The man was taken to hospital and later succumbed to his injuries.
The man was later identified as Farah.
Surveillance footage was released days later showing a white Sedan travelling back and forth along the street - the suspect vehicle. The suspect vehicle then fled the scene.
This past September, Detective Leslie Dunkley updated the media on the investigation advised the firearm was recovered, the vehicle was identified, and “investigators want to speak with two witnesses who were with the deceased at the time of the homicide.”
Brown is set to appear in court on Monday, October 30 of this year.
Video footage courtesy of Toronto Police Services
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- Road Closed for Stolen Car Investigation in Brampton
- Here's How You Can Get Free Gas in Brampton
- Brampton House of the Week: Massive $2.3 Million Executive Home With Heated In-Ground Pool
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Shooting in Brampton
- Police Searching For Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- Police Arrest Male After Shooting in Brampton, Searching for Suspect Vehicle
- Man Charged Following 11 Gas Station Robberies in Peel and Toronto
- Police Investigating Vehicle Shooting in Brampton