Brampton Man Charged in Oakville Break and Enter
A Brampton man is one of two suspects facing charges after allegedly breaking into a home in Oakville and being greeted by someone living there.
The suspects forced their way into a house in the Palermo area near Grand Oak Trail and Pine Glen Rd. on July 5.
To their surprise, a resident was home.
The accused thieves "immediately fled the residence," say Halton police.
The resident - who wasn't harmed - got a decent look at them and he gave police enough details to quickly identify one of the suspects.
Both men were located and arrested the same day in Brampton.
Rai Teixeira, 21, of Brampton, and Byron Lowe, 20, of no fixed address, are charged with break and enter.
Both men were scheduled to appear in Milton court on Thursday.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the Oakville criminal investigations bureau at 905-825 4747 ext. 2216 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Brampton family seeking help after two boys slain in their home
- SIU investigating after police attend disturbance call in Brampton
- Brampton athlete to represent Canada in European championship
- Police offering $25,000 reward for information in homicide of Brampton man
- Unpopular Opinion: 'Free speech' is not a thing and good riddance to 'Grapes'