Brampton Man Charged in Oakville Road Rage Case
A Brampton man is being accused of road rage following an incident in Oakville.
Halton police were sent to an assault call on July 18 around 1 p.m.
It took place at the intersection of Fourth Line and North Service Rd.
The man, who was driving, apparently followed a vehicle occupied by two people to the intersection.
The suspect got out of his vehicle and repeatedly kicked the door of the second vehicle, police allege.
A physical altercation took place between the three, resulting in minor injuries to the victims.
The man was arrested at the scene.
Roger Mario Freitas, 40, is charged with two counts of assault; dangerous driving; mischief under $5,000; cause disturbance.
Freitas was released on a promise to appear in court on Aug. 21.
Police are reminding motorists to avoid engaging in a confrontation if targeted by an aggressive driver. If you feel your personal safety is at risk, call 911, remain in your vehicle and lock your doors.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to contact Det. Omar Nadim with the 2 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2278.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See Something? Hear Something? Know Something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- Thousands Affected by Major Power Outage in Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect of Multiple Sexual Assaults in Brampton
- Five Teens Arrested After Multiple People Injured in Carjackings in Brampton
- New Poll Shows One Candidate Leading Brampton Mayoral Race
- Brampton Man Charged With Assault in Oakville
- Brampton Man Charged After Road Rage Stabbing Incident
- Man Arrested After Brandishing Machete During Road Rage Incident in Brampton
- Another Brampton Man Charged in Halton Baseball Bat Attack
- Brampton Man Wanted in Halton Baseball Bat Attack Fled to India: Police