Brampton Man Charged in Online Apartment Rental Scam
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with an online apartment rental scam.
The victim, a 27-year-old woman, responded to an online ad to rent an apartment on Sept. 29.
She met with a man, signed a lease, and handed over a cash deposit, say Toronto police, later realizing she’d been defrauded.
Investigators allege the suspect posted online rental ads using an alias, however, specific details aren’t being disclosed pending further investigation.
On Oct. 17, police, responding to another online ad, arrested the man.
Goran Drozdek, 33, is charged with possession of property obtained by crime - under ($5,000), two counts of fraud - under ($5,000), and three counts of fail to comply with probation.
Anyone who believes they may have been defrauded, or with information, is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
Photo courtesy of Toronto Police
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament