Brampton Man Charged in Online Apartment Rental Scam
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with an online apartment rental scam.
The victim, a 27-year-old woman, responded to an online ad to rent an apartment on Sept. 29.
She met with a man, signed a lease, and handed over a cash deposit, say Toronto police, later realizing she’d been defrauded.
Investigators allege the suspect posted online rental ads using an alias, however, specific details aren’t being disclosed pending further investigation.
On Oct. 17, police, responding to another online ad, arrested the man.
Goran Drozdek, 33, is charged with possession of property obtained by crime - under ($5,000), two counts of fraud - under ($5,000), and three counts of fail to comply with probation.
Anyone who believes they may have been defrauded, or with information, is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
Photo courtesy of Toronto Police
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Brampton this winter
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Geese play chicken on Brampton road
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Brampton to build new multi-family residential building
- CANADA VOTES: Which party has the best plan to make life more affordable?