Brampton Man Charged in Syringe-Wielding Robberies
A Brampton man is facing charges after several robberies in Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Toronto.
York Regional Police said Thursday that they have charged a suspect in connection with robberies in York Region and Toronto involving a suspect armed with a needle.
According to police, York and Toronto police have been investigating a string of robberies over a three-month period that began on December 28, 2017.
“In each of the robberies, the suspect entered retail stores and asked an employee for high-value items including laptop computers and high priced winter jackets. The suspect then produced a syringe and threatened the employee,” said York Regional Police in a recent statement.T
“he suspect fled on foot with the items. The victims were not physically injured.”
On March 28, 2018, officers attended a residence in Brampton with an arrest warrant and located the suspect, who fled from police on foot.
“Following a foot pursuit, the suspect was arrested and has been charged.”
Shane McMullan, 36, of Brampton, has been charged with four counts of robbery.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police Hold-Up Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6631, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, or leave an anonymous tip online.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- Suspect Charged in Brampton Bank Robberies
- Man Charged Following 11 Gas Station Robberies in Peel and Toronto
- Police Searching for Suspect Following String of "Violent" Robberies in Brampton
- Man Charged in Brampton Bank Robberies
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Two Gunpoint Bank Robberies in Brampton