UPDATED: Brampton Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Double Shooting
A suspect in a Brampton double-shooting which critically injured two people has been arrested and is facing attempted murder charges early Friday.
“The victims and the accused are known to each other,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Bally Saini.
The arrest was made around 2 a.m. near Ray Lawson Blvd. and Hurontario St.
Emergency crews were sent to Pergola Way near Clementine Dr. around 8:30 p.m. Thursday.
That’s in the Mavis Rd. and Steeles Ave. W. area.
A 73-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman were taken to a Toronto trauma centre.
Five people - three adults, two children - were home at the time of the shooting, say police, adding it’s an isolated incident.
Gurpreet Araich, 41, of Brampton, is facing two counts of attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault, and numerous gun-related charges.
Investigators aren’t looking for any other suspects in connection with the shooting, said Saini.
Araich is scheduled to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing on Friday.
Anyone with information or video footage is asked to call the 22 Division criminal investigation bureau at 905-453-3311 ext. 2233 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Councillor Wants to 'Build a Wall' to Keep Out Cannabis Stores
- Peel Police on Scene Following Collision in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Should These Controversial Brampton License Plates be Banned?
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Strikes Gas Line in Brampton
- Attempted Murder Charge Laid in Brampton Shooting
- Attempted Murder Charges Laid After 4 Stabbed on Brampton Bus
- Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Murder in Brampton
- Two People Seriously Injured After Shooting in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Facing Charges in Connection With Shooting Death of Mississauga Man