Brampton Man Charged with Cargo Thefts
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with seven alleged cargo thefts.
Peel police allege that on Sept. 15, 2018, a tractor and trailer were stolen from the Hurontario Street and Conservation Drive area in Brampton.
On Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, police say they executed a search warrant in the St. Hubert Drive and Bellville Drive area.
Police allege officers located and seized items relating to seven cargo theft-related reports in the Region of Peel.
Police say 38-year-old Brampton man Parminder Barn was charged with eight counts of possession of property obtained by crime and two count of possession of a controlled substance.
Police say he was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Nov. 2.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call investigators in the Commerical Auto Crime unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3313.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway