Brampton Man Charged with Street Racing
A Brampton man is facing charges in connection with a street racing incident that took place in Caledon.
Police report that on Friday, June 6, an officer from the Caledon Detachment of the OPP was conducting radar enforcement on Highway 10 at Mistywood Drive when he saw a grey 2012 Nissan travelling at a high rate of speed.
According the the police, the vehicle was traveling at 112 km/hr. in a posted 60 km/hr. zone.
Now, 59-year-old Brampton man Joseph F Poset has been charged with racing a motor vehicle and failing to obey a lane sign.
Police say Poset received a seven-day licence suspension. His vehicle was also seized for a period of seven days as a result of the stunt driving charge.
The OPP are reminding residents that speeding and aggressive driving pose a threat to public safety and are leading causes in fatal motor vehicle collisions on OPP-patrolled roads.
In 2016, 55 people died in collisions in which speeding was a causal factor.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths