Brampton Man Convicted of Sexual Assault Reportedly Flees Country
A Brampton man convicted of sexual assault has reportedly left the country, CTV News reports.
Moazzam Tariq, who was convicted in connection with an incident that occurred at a Toronto hotel in July 2015, appears to have left Canada in the lead up to his sentencing hearing.
CTV reports that last summer, a 25-year-old woman was escorted to a downtown hotel after meeting Tariq at a nightclub in the King and Portland area. Later on, it was reported that the woman had no recollection of meeting Tariq or going to the hotel, leading investigators to believe she may have been drugged.
According to CP24, Tariq did not show up for his Dec. 1 sentencing hearing.
A bench warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Anyone with any information should contact Toronto Police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.222tips.com (text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Onions sold in Brampton recalled due to possible Salmonella
- Brampton Man Who Fled Country After Sexual Assault Will Still Get Sentenced
- Male Charged with Sexual Assault at Hotel in Brampton
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Gunpoint Gang Sexual Assault in York University Area
- Brampton Temple President Convicted for Sexual Assault Allegedly Tried to Pay Off Victim