Brampton Man Convicted of Sexual Assault Reportedly Flees Country
A Brampton man convicted of sexual assault has reportedly left the country, CTV News reports.
Moazzam Tariq, who was convicted in connection with an incident that occurred at a Toronto hotel in July 2015, appears to have left Canada in the lead up to his sentencing hearing.
CTV reports that last summer, a 25-year-old woman was escorted to a downtown hotel after meeting Tariq at a nightclub in the King and Portland area. Later on, it was reported that the woman had no recollection of meeting Tariq or going to the hotel, leading investigators to believe she may have been drugged.
According to CP24, Tariq did not show up for his Dec. 1 sentencing hearing.
A bench warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Anyone with any information should contact Toronto Police at 416-808-7400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.222tips.com (text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
- A Huge Food Truck Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
- Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents Targeting Victims in Mississauga and Brampton
- A Huge Sidewalk Sale is Happening at Heartland Town Centre
- House of the Week: $1.7 Mil House With Luxurious Bathrooms
- Another Commercial Development Is Coming To Brampton
- Brampton Man Who Fled Country After Sexual Assault Will Still Get Sentenced
- Male Charged with Sexual Assault at Hotel in Brampton
- Police Arrest Man in Connection with Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Gunpoint Gang Sexual Assault in York University Area
- Brampton Temple President Convicted for Sexual Assault Allegedly Tried to Pay Off Victim