Brampton Man Dead in Fatal Highway Collision
Police have identified the victims of a deadly crash that claimed two lives.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported on Wednesday (January 3rd) that a single vehicle crashed into a support beam on the Highway 401 eastbound express, east of Warden Avenue. Two people were pronounced dead in the incident.
This afternoon, Kerry announced that both victims have been identified. The driver was Dwane Koltchigin, a 45 year old Brampton man. The passenger was a 31 year old Oshawa woman named Carla Whyte.
Police believe high speed was a factor in the collision.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Brampton Victims Identified in Horrific Head-On Collision
- Passenger Dead, Driver Flees After Overnight Crash in Brampton
- Police Identify Two People Killed in Fiery Crash on 401
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead