Brampton Man Dead in Fatal Highway Collision
Police have identified the victims of a deadly crash that claimed two lives.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported on Wednesday (January 3rd) that a single vehicle crashed into a support beam on the Highway 401 eastbound express, east of Warden Avenue. Two people were pronounced dead in the incident.
This afternoon, Kerry announced that both victims have been identified. The driver was Dwane Koltchigin, a 45 year old Brampton man. The passenger was a 31 year old Oshawa woman named Carla Whyte.
Police believe high speed was a factor in the collision.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Popular Breakfast Restaurant in Brampton Suddenly Closes
- Province Moves Forward on Minimum Wage and Other Workplace Changes
- Police Seeking Suspect After Woman Assaulted in Brampton
- We Now Know Who's Coming to Two Old Target Locations in Brampton
- Police Investigating After Man Drives Backwards Down Busy Road in Brampton