Brampton Man Dead in Fatal Highway Collision
Police have identified the victims of a deadly crash that claimed two lives.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported on Wednesday (January 3rd) that a single vehicle crashed into a support beam on the Highway 401 eastbound express, east of Warden Avenue. Two people were pronounced dead in the incident.
This afternoon, Kerry announced that both victims have been identified. The driver was Dwane Koltchigin, a 45 year old Brampton man. The passenger was a 31 year old Oshawa woman named Carla Whyte.
Police believe high speed was a factor in the collision.
The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Brampton Victims Identified in Horrific Head-On Collision
- Passenger Dead, Driver Flees After Overnight Crash in Brampton
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead
- Male Pronounced Dead After Vehicle Rollover Just Outside Brampton