Brampton Man Dead in Fatal Highway Collision
Police have identified the victims of a deadly crash that claimed two lives.
Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP reported on Wednesday (January 3rd) that a single vehicle crashed into a support beam on the Highway 401 eastbound express, east of Warden Avenue. Two people were pronounced dead in the incident.
This afternoon, Kerry announced that both victims have been identified. The driver was Dwane Koltchigin, a 45 year old Brampton man. The passenger was a 31 year old Oshawa woman named Carla Whyte.
Police believe high speed was a factor in the collision.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- Two arrested for selling fake name brand purses in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.3 Mil House with Amazing Master Bedroom
- UPDATE: Crash Victim Identified as 63 Year Old Brampton Man
- Brampton Victims Identified in Horrific Head-On Collision
- Passenger Dead, Driver Flees After Overnight Crash in Brampton
- Police Identify Two People Killed in Fiery Crash on 401
- UPDATE: Elderly Woman Struck by Vehicle in Brampton Pronounced Dead