Brampton Man Enjoying Major Lotto Win
Another Brampton resident is having a fantastic Christmas with a little extra money in his wallet.
OLG recently announced that Timothy Callahan won $100,000 with Encore (December 15, 2017 Lotto Max).
"I bought my ticket while on my way to a Maple Leafs' game in Detroit," Callahan told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "My wife mentioned that the Lotto Max jackpot was $60 million, so I thought I'd buy a ticket."
Callahan, a married father of three, checked his ticket online after the draw.
"I almost had a heart attack! I woke up my wife and asked her to double check the numbers because I checked them about 10 times and couldn't believe my eyes!"
Callahan has plans for his windfall.
"We're going to pay some bills, share with our children, travel and invest the rest," he said.
Encore can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an Encore draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Caesars Windsor on Riverside Drive in Windsor.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead