Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
A recent stolen vehicle investigation in Brampton has led to firearm-related charges.
Around 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 14, police say officers investigated a stolen vehicle in the area of Main Street North and Vodden Street.
“The driver was subsequently arrested and as a result of a search conducted a loaded firearm was located,” police say.
23 year old Brampton man Shakur Clarke was charged with:
- Possession of Stolen Property
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Occupant of Vehicle with Knowledge of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm without a Licence
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
Clarke was held for a bail hearing and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Saturday, February 15).
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- 102 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 93 new cases found in Brampton
- Brampton issues 14 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Outdoor water use advisory in effect for Brampton
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to City of Brampton
- Man arrested for defrauding the public