Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
A recent stolen vehicle investigation in Brampton has led to firearm-related charges.
Around 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 14, police say officers investigated a stolen vehicle in the area of Main Street North and Vodden Street.
“The driver was subsequently arrested and as a result of a search conducted a loaded firearm was located,” police say.
23 year old Brampton man Shakur Clarke was charged with:
- Possession of Stolen Property
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Occupant of Vehicle with Knowledge of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm without a Licence
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
Clarke was held for a bail hearing and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Saturday, February 15).
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit