Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
A recent stolen vehicle investigation in Brampton has led to firearm-related charges.
Around 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 14, police say officers investigated a stolen vehicle in the area of Main Street North and Vodden Street.
“The driver was subsequently arrested and as a result of a search conducted a loaded firearm was located,” police say.
23 year old Brampton man Shakur Clarke was charged with:
- Possession of Stolen Property
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Occupant of Vehicle with Knowledge of a Firearm
- Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm without a Licence
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
Clarke was held for a bail hearing and scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today (Saturday, February 15).
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway