Brampton Man Facing Four Years in Prison for Human Trafficking
A Brampton man has been sentenced to four years in prison following a trial and human trafficking investigation.
On Febuary 27, 2019, the Superior Court of Justice in Brampton found 36 year old Jason Scott guilty of human trafficking.
Scott was also found guilty of assault, procuring a prostitute, exercising control over a prostitute, receiving a material benefit from human trafficking, and deriving a material benefit from prostitution.
In early 2014, Scott met a 22 year old woman on social media and convinced her to move to Toronto from Northern Ontario.
Shortly after arriving, Scott began posting ads for sexual services on the internet and arranged for clients to attend various hotels in the GTA.
The victim was exploited in the sex trade between April 2014 and June 2015, according to police.
Scott was arrested and charged in February 2017.
“Human trafficking is a complex and often a hidden crime that results in serious and long-term trauma for victims. Human traffickers prey on the most vulnerable people in our society and use different tactics to control, abuse, exploit and profit from them,” police say.
“Peel Regional Police is committed to identifying and aiding victims of human trafficking as well as identifying, arresting and prosecuting those responsible for exploiting these victims.”
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- Police Cruiser Involved in Three-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- GTA Suspects Charged With Sex Assault and Human Trafficking
- Brampton Man Wanted in Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- Brampton Man Arrested In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation In London