Brampton Man Facing Impaired Driving and Firearm Charges
A Brampton man is facing numerous charges after allegedly driving impaired with a loaded gun in his vehicle.
The OPP recently announced that officers dealt with two incidents last weekend in which loaded firearms were discovered following calls regarding impaired driving.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, the first incident occurred on Monday morning around 3:00 a.m. on the QEW in the Mississauga area.
Schmidt said officers were called to investigate a potentially impaired driver and discovered the vehicle parked on the side of the road. According to police, the engine was running and the car was in drive, but the accused was asleep behind the wheel.
"His foot was on the brake, fortunately and amazingly," said Schmidt.
Further investigation led to the discovery of a loaded gun, drugs and cash.
Now, K'halil Ian Dwayne Ottley is facing a number of charges, including impaired driving, failing to comply with recognizance and firearm and drug-related charges.
- Car rental company established in 1918 files for bankruptcy due to COVID-19
- Bylaw officer assaulted in Brampton while enforcing physical distancing
- Driver caught going at dangerous speeds in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- 412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,930 total cases found in Brampton
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Brampton Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- Hundreds of Impaired Driving Charges Laid in OPP Festive RIDE
- Brampton Man Facing Multiple Dangerous Driving Charges
- Alarming Amount of Impaired Driving Charges Laid this Holiday Season in Brampton