Brampton Man Facing Multiple Child Luring Charges
Officers from the Internet Child Exploitation Unit have made an arrest following an investigation that took place between January 31 and February 8.
The officers investigated a male that was communicating online with someone he believed to be under 16 years old for sexual purposes, police say.
The male allegedly used the nickname "Hornyprab" online.
At 9:12 a.m. on Thursday, February 14, police arrested 39 year old Brampton man Prabu Elangovan.
Elangovan is charged with making sexually explicit material available to a child, as well as three counts of child luring.
He appeared in court for a bail hearing on Friday, February 15.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office