Brampton Man Facing Robbery and Aggravated Assault Charges
A Brampton man is facing robbery and aggravated assault charges after an incident in Caledon where one victim sustained serious injuries.
Officers from the Caledon Detachment of the OPP attended a call in the Valleywood area of the town on April 12, according to Constable Tamara Schubert.
Schubert says the incident involved three males, including the accused 27-year-old Brampton man Julien Thomas Johnston, and two 18 year old victims.
"When the victim asked the accused to leave the residence, an argument ensued and the accused brandished a knife and demanded the jewellery worn by the victim. When the victim did not comply, he was assaulted with the knife. When the remaining male intervened in the assault, he was also assaulted by the accused with the knife," said Schubert.
One of the victims was treated in hospital for his injuries.
Johnston was arrested and charged on April 13 for robbery with a weapon, aggravated assault, uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm, and assault with a weapon.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Brampton Man Accused of Beating Victim With Wrench
- Woman Arrested for Hate-Motivated Assault Towards Victim from Brampton
- Four Teens Arrested Following Alleged Stabbing and Robbery in Brampton
- Brampton Man Arrested for Sexual Assault Against Teenage Victim
- Three Brampton Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle