Brampton Man Facing Several Charges in Drug Bust
Charges have been laid against a 38-year-old Brampton man in a recent drug trafficking investigation.
According to police services in Owen Sound, on July 26, 2018 just before 4 p.m., officers arrested a man returning to his vehicle, which was parked in a lot in the 1300 block of 16th Street East in Owen Sound.
Police executed a search warrant in the 400 block of 8th Street East in Owen Sound, which police say was the suspected location where drugs were being dealt.
“The male resident was also arrested when he returned home,” reads a recent release from Owen Sound police.
Nearly $13,000 worth of drugs were seized during the search, according to police.
“During the search of the residence police seized 21 grams of suspected Fentanyl valued at approximately $10,500, and 24 grams of suspected Crack Cocaine valued at approximately $2,440 along with a small amount of marihuana and other items used in trafficking drugs. Police also seized $375 in cash from the suspect at the time of arrest.”
Detectives also searched the suspect’s vehicle, where they recovered ammunition and pepper spray.
“A previous court order prohibited the accused from possessing any ammunition or weapons,” reads the release.
Luan Ximines, 38, of Brampton, was charged with:
- Possession of Fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of Cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of Marihuana
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possess ammunition while prohibited (three counts)
- Breach of probation order (two counts)
The suspect appeared in court on July 27 for bail and remanded in custody.
The 54-year-old male homeowner was charged with possession of Fentanyl. He was later released from custody and police say he will appear in court on August 30.
There have been other drug busts in Owen Sound of late.
“The suspected Fentanyl that was seized yesterday is a green/blue colour and is believed to be a different strain from the Fentanyl that was seized in recent drug busts in the city,” reads the release.
“The investigation revealed that the only reason the accused was here in Owen Sound was to deal drugs,” said Acting Detective Sergeant Daniels in the statement.
“He is wanted by police for drug trafficking related offences in two jurisdictions in western Canada. Fortunately Detectives were able to quickly determine that the accused had arrived in Owen Sound and was dealing illicit drugs in the city. The actions of our Detectives prevented a significant quantity of Fentanyl and Crack Cocaine making it onto our streets".
- Brampton Woman Charged in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Suspect From Brampton Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Brampton Man Arrested in Connection with Drug Trafficking
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Drugs and Guns Seized Following Major Drug Bust in the GTA