Brampton Man Stabbed During Altercation in Guelph
A Brampton man sustained non-life threatening injuries after being stabbed during an altercation in Guelph.
Guelph police report that on Feb. 13 at approximately 11:00 p.m., a man and woman from Brampton were approached by two males in downtown Guelph. According to police, the men asked for a cigarette and when the victim said he did not have one, the suspects demanded money and a fight ensued.
During the altercation, the victim was stabbed in the chest. He also fractured his knee.
The victim was treated at Guelph General Hospital and has since been released.
The suspects were not known to the victim, and they've been described as two white males between 20 and 30 years of age. Both were wearing black jackets and one suspect was last seen wearing a toque with a pom-pom on top.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact D/Cst. John Hunt at extension # 7359 or D/Cst. D. VandenEnden at extension 7107. Anonymous tips can be left at CRIME STOPPERS 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.csgw.tips.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31