Brampton Man Victim of Man Charged with Witchcraft
An Indian national has been charged with fraud and pretending to practice witchcraft after allegedly bilking a Brampton man out of $101,000.
Toronto police recently announced that they made an arrest in an ongoing fraud investigation. According to police, it has been alleged that during the months of February and March, a man advertised his services as an astrologer and psychic and garnered the attention of the 44-year-old victim in the process.
The victim attended the business for psychic services and was told a sick family member had been the victim of an evil spirit.
The victim was charged $101,000 for the removal of the spirit.
On Wednesday, March 29, Murali Muthyalu, 37, a visitor from India, was arrested. He has been charged with practicing witchcraft, fraud over $5,000 and extortion.
He was scheduled to appear in court on March 30.
The man allegedly used an alias of Master Raghav.
Anyone who has dealt with the accused is asked to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Brampton Woman Charged in GTA Fraud Case Targeting Banks
- You Can No Longer Be Charged for Witchcraft in Canada
- Brampton Man Charged in Online Apartment Rental Scam
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Immigration-Related Fraud
- Brampton Man Arrested After Allegedly Assaulting a Parking Enforcement Officer