Brampton Man Wanted in Violent Carjacking
After two men from Brampton allegedly assaulted a driver and stole his car in Toronto, one man has been charged and one remains wanted.
According to Toronto Police Service, on Sunday, December 31, 2017 at around 5 p.m., a man was walking towards his vehicle. He had been at Yorkgate Mall, located at Jane Street and Finch Avenue West.
The man reportedly started and unlocked his vehicle using a remote car starter. Then, the first suspect attempted to enter the vehicle.
The victim attempted to prevent the first suspect from entering the vehicle, but the first suspect allegedly assaulted him.
The second suspect exited another vehicle that was waiting nearby and assaulted the victim, too.
Police say that during the assault, the victim dropped his keys and the second suspect took them.
The second suspect then reportedly got into the driver’s seat of the victim’s vehicle and started to drive away.
The first suspect reportedly ran to the vehicle that was waiting nearby, got in, and sped away.
According to Toronto police, both vehicles were last seen going south on Jane Street south of Finch Avenue West.
“A third person was also seated in the nearby waiting vehicle, now a vehicle of interest, however that person’s identity is not known,” said police in a recent statement. “The vehicle is described as a light-coloured Chevy Cruz.”
On Tuesday, January 3, 2018, police reportedly arrested the first suspect. Anatoli Boudianu, 25, of Brampton, was charged with robbery and breach of probation.
Police say the second suspect has been identified as Jeffrey MacInnis, 22, also of Brampton. MacInnis remains wanted for robbery.
MacInnis is described as 6’, about 190 pounds, with short brown hair and green eyes. Police say he has the following distinctive tattoos:
- right hand: the word "MACINNIS"
- left arm: picture of a grenade with "905" and "416 BTOWN"
- left forearm: picture of playing cards, dice, grim reaper, skulls
- left hand: the word "LOYALTY"
- neck, right side: the word "SARAH"
Police say his alias is “Jiffy Loc.”
His photograph is in our cover shot, courtesy of Toronto police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online here, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- Police Looking for Suspect After Reported Sexual Assault in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Police Seeking Suspect of Sexual Assault in Brampton
- Police Arrest Male After Shooting in Brampton, Searching for Suspect Vehicle
- Police searching for suspect who fled stolen vehicle in Brampton
- Police Searching for Third Suspect of Theft Involving Vehicle in Brampton