Brampton Man Wanted in Violent Halton Hills Beatdown
A Brampton man is wanted following a vicious baseball bat attack in Halton which sent two men to hospital.
It began over a dispute involving a real estate transaction, say Halton police, resulting in the assault with “sticks.”
All three victims are from the Brampton area.
Two men remain in hospital where they’re listed in serious but stable condition.
A third victim suffered minor injuries and is recovering at home.
Police allege one of the victims brokered a real estate deal between a Brampton property owner and the suspect earlier this month, and the victim received a deposit from the suspect to lease the property.
The property owner declined the lease offer and asked the victim to return the deposit to the suspect.
Discussions between the victim and the suspect -regarding the declined offer- grew heated, say police, resulting in the victim fearing for his safety.
The victim and two friends travelled to a pre-arranged meeting area to return the deposit to the man shortly after midnight on June 20.
That’s when they saw several vehicles with numerous men -allegedly including the suspect- standing around carrying what appeared to be bats and sticks.
The trio tried to flee in their vehicle but were surrounded and beaten at a red light on Winston Churchill Blvd. and Steeles Ave. in Halton Hills.
Detectives conducted a search warrant at a Brampton home on Thursday, seizing several sticks. a baton and two vehicles.
Rankirat Singh, 20, is wanted for two counts of aggravated assault and one count of assault cause bodily harm.
Investigators are urging Singh and his alleged accomplices to lawyer up and turn themselves in.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact acting Det. Dylan Price of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2422.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca
Photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure After Shots Reportedly Fired in Brampton
- Province is Bringing Back Massive Highway Project Going through Brampton
- Indian Snow Woman Making Waves in Brampton
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Police on Scene Investigating Shooting in Brampton
- Brampton Man Wanted in Halton Baseball Bat Attack Fled to India: Police
- Another Brampton Man Charged in Halton Baseball Bat Attack
- Brampton Men in Hospital After Baseball Bat Attack
- Can You ID This Suspect for Halton Police?
- Wanted Wednesday: Police Hunting for Brampton Assault Suspect Who Skipped Court