Brampton Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested
A 20-year-old Brampton man was arrested after fleeing police in Barrie.
Police say that on March 18 at approximately 6:00 p.m., officers attempted to talk to a man who walked off a sidewalk directly into the path of oncoming traffic at the corner of Mary and Dunlop Street.
According to police, the man refused to engage with officers and quickly fled into a nearby restaurant. He was eventually caught when he exited the establishment through a side door. Further investigation revealed that the accused was in possession of a loaded 9mm luger pistol, as well as heroin and cocaine.
The accused has been charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance, possession for the purpose of trafficking and numerous firearm related offences.
He was held for a bail hearing on Sunday, March 19.
Anyone with any information on illicit drugs or firearms is encouraged to contact Barrie Police Service at (705)725-7025 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.tipsubmit.com . Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to call display and all information provided remains anonymous.
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- City of Brampton issues eight physical distancing fines
- Brampton Men Charged After Drug Bust in Barrie
- Two Men Charged With Possession of a Firearm in Brampton
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun, Drugs, and Cash Following Traffic Stop in Oakville
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Brampton Man Arrested for Gun Possession Following Traffic Stop