Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Massive Drug Bust
A number of people, including two Brampton residents, are facing charges in connection with a massive cross-GTA drug investigation.
The RCMP recently announced that a 16 month joint investigation carried out in conjunction with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), Peel police, Toronto police, OPP, York police, Halton police and the Jamaican Major Organized Crime and Anti-Corruption Agency (MOCA) into the importation and trafficking of cocaine resulted in the arrests of seven people.
Police say seven search warrants were simultaneously executed at residences within the GTA and surrounding area in the early houses of June 29.
The RCMP Toronto Airport Detachment Serious and Organized Crime Unit commenced an investigation into the importation of 90 kg of cocaine into Canada from Panama City, Panama in February 2016.
Police say that, based on information received from MOCA, an investigation was launched and the evidence indicated a criminal group was moving large amounts of cocaine from various drug source countries into Canada. Police say this group imported and trafficked cocaine using sophisticated techniques and concealment methods.
Police have arrested and charged 39-year-old Brian Stewart and 37-year-old Damian Rose (both Brampton residents) with a number of offences, including three counts of conspiracy to import cocaine and one count of importing cocaine.
Other people facing charges include 35-year-old Mississauga man Mark Chodkiewicz, 39-year-old North York man Garren Brown, 46-year-old Oakville man Donovan Brown, 51-year-old Toronto man Wayne Blackwood and 48-year-old North York man Devon McLean.
All of the accused subjects were in court June 29 for a bail hearing.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Will COVID-19 affect Brampton house prices?
- Brampton up to 137 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with over 100 cases found in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Peel Man Arrested in Connection with Pearson Airport-Located Drug Ring
- Ten Brampton Residents Arrested in Connection with Massive Gang Crackdown
- Brampton Residents Charged in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation