Brampton Men Charged in Milton RIDE Check
A pair of 22-year-old Brampton men - one with a suspended driver's licence - are facing charges following a RIDE check in Milton.
"RIDE checks are conducted frequently, if not nightly, by officers," said Halton police Sgt. Dana Nicholas.
The men were in a Buick RXL when they were stopped by police on July 11 at 2:44 a.m.
The driver, it turns out, was behind the wheel with a suspended licence, which is a Highway Traffic Act violation.
His passenger, meanwhile, is being charged criminally, including two counts of drug possession, obstructing a police officer, three counts of failing to comply with recognizance, and failing to comply with probation order.
Traffic initiatives are an area of focus for Halton police, said Nicholas.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- These stores are now open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton
- Brampton principal temporarily removed for 'xenophobic and racist' remark
- Creators of 6ixBuzz possibly doxed via social media
- LATEST OUTBREAKS: List of long-term care homes with COVID-19 outbreaks in Brampton - May 28, 2020
- House struck during two-vehicle collision in Brampton