Brampton Men Charged in Milton RIDE Check
A pair of 22-year-old Brampton men - one with a suspended driver's licence - are facing charges following a RIDE check in Milton.
"RIDE checks are conducted frequently, if not nightly, by officers," said Halton police Sgt. Dana Nicholas.
The men were in a Buick RXL when they were stopped by police on July 11 at 2:44 a.m.
The driver, it turns out, was behind the wheel with a suspended licence, which is a Highway Traffic Act violation.
His passenger, meanwhile, is being charged criminally, including two counts of drug possession, obstructing a police officer, three counts of failing to comply with recognizance, and failing to comply with probation order.
Traffic initiatives are an area of focus for Halton police, said Nicholas.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- LANE CLOSURE: Collision Involving Transit Bus in Brampton Causing Delays
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Brampton Soon
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Paramedics Respond to Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton