Brampton Men Charged in Milton RIDE Check
A pair of 22-year-old Brampton men - one with a suspended driver's licence - are facing charges following a RIDE check in Milton.
"RIDE checks are conducted frequently, if not nightly, by officers," said Halton police Sgt. Dana Nicholas.
The men were in a Buick RXL when they were stopped by police on July 11 at 2:44 a.m.
The driver, it turns out, was behind the wheel with a suspended licence, which is a Highway Traffic Act violation.
His passenger, meanwhile, is being charged criminally, including two counts of drug possession, obstructing a police officer, three counts of failing to comply with recognizance, and failing to comply with probation order.
Traffic initiatives are an area of focus for Halton police, said Nicholas.
File photo courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- Police Searching for Robbery Suspect Armed with Knife in Brampton
- Police Investigating "Suspicious" Overnight Fire in Brampton
- New Peel Police Report Reveals Concerning Statistics About Crime In Brampton
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Brampton to Host Canada's Largest Cricket Tournament