Brampton mother celebrating big lotto win
A Brampton mother is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG says Haffiza Rolfe matched the last six of seven Encore numbers in the exact order in the August 7, 2020 Lotto Max draw to win $100,000.
OLG says the 59-year-old married mother-of-two discovered her win at home when she used the OLG Lottery app to check her ticket.
"I was about to go out, but then I checked my ticket and yelled to my husband," she told OLG.
"I was in shock."
OLG says Rolfe, a material handler, plans to pay some bills and make some small renovations to her home.
"I would love to travel, but due to COVID-19, it's not possible right now," she told OLG
"It's hard to believe - it's such a release. I'll continue to play.”
The winning ticket was purchased at Rabba Fine Foods on Kings Cross Road in Brampton.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by appointment only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton