Brampton Nurse Charged For Allegedly Stealing Medication
A 58-year-old Brampton woman is facing charges in connection with the internal theft of medication at a local hospital.
Peel police say they were informed of prescription medication being stolen last January.
The suspect had been taking drugs from a dispensary without authorization.
Police allege the suspect looked at patient names from a list on a computer database “in order to access narcotics for non-hospital related use.”
The suspect had limited access to patient information, say police.
Catharina Demme is charged with breach of trust and theft under $5,000.
Her next court date is May 4.
Anyone with information is asked to phone the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 2133 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Patients Suing Brampton Hospital After Serious Privacy Breach
- Toronto Couple Charged Following Jewellery Theft in Brampton
- Police seeking public's assistance in poppy donation box theft investigation
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Man Charged After Item Stolen from Hospital in Brampton