Brampton Outdoor Skating Rinks Closed Due to Weather
Brampton is set for some warmer weather today, but there are some unintended side effects as a result.
According to the city, all three fully outdoor rinks (Gage Park, Mount Pleasant and Chinguacousy Park) are closed due to soft ice and weather conditions.
*Update* Chinguacousy Park Skating Trail is temporarily closed due to soft ice and weather conditions. An update will be provided when the rink is safe to re-open: https://t.co/AKUg0NiIMu pic.twitter.com/0fDZNy3jLS— City of Brampton (@CityBrampton) December 28, 2018
The city had previously indicated that the rinks will only stay open if certain temperatures remain, in this case close to below 0 in order for the ice to stay frozen.
Looks like people will have to put their skating plans on hold for the time being.
Photo courtesy of the City of Brampton.
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Stormwater charges on this month's water bills now in effect for Brampton residents
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance
- Two Major Brampton Skating Rinks Closed Due to Weather
- Brampton's Outdoor Skating Rinks Have Reopened
- This Is How You Can Find Out if Outdoor Skating Rinks Are Open or Closed in Brampton
- Here's How You Can Find Out if Outdoor Skating Rinks Are Closed in Brampton
- This Outdoor Skating Trail in Brampton is Closed