Brampton pickup truck driver collides with multiple cruisers, no charges laid
On December 4, 2019, in the early morning hours, Peel Regional Police officers were dispatched to investigate a suspicious pickup truck in Brampton.
Two cruisers surrounded the parked pickup truck, but the 38-year-old driver struck the cruisers and got away.
Officers pursued the vehicle and two officers deployed stop-sticks across the road.
This resulted in the tires of the pickup truck deflating.
The vehicle was forced to a stop in the area of Advance Boulevard and Dixie Road, but not before the driver struck another cruiser.
The driver exited the vehicle, and after a struggle, he was arrested.
He was taken to a hospital where he was diagnosed with a fractured nose.
The Director of the Special Investigations Unit, Joseph Martino, has determined all the involved officers acted lawfully throughout their dealings with the man.
Accordingly, there is no basis for proceeding with criminal charges in this case and the file is closed.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- OPP Arrest 38-Year-Old Brampton Truck Driver Involved In Triple Fatal Crash
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- Brampton Dump Truck Driver Charged Following Collision With Train in Puslinch
- Man in critical condition after collision with multiple police cruisers in Brampton
- Police Searching for Stolen Vehicle That Hit Cruisers in Brampton