Brampton Pop Star Alessia Cara Walks Away With Exciting Grammy Award
Although Brampton has been aware of homegrown popstar Alessia Cara for quite some time, the world is finally starting to take notice in a big way.
At last night's 60th Annual Grammy Awards, 21-year-old singer Alessia Cara was the very excited recipient of the Best New Artist award.
She's the first Canadian artist to win in the prestigious category, beating out such previous nominees as Drake and Justin Bieber.
Cara, who was up against Khalid, Lil Uzi Vert, Julia Michaels and Sza, was clearly shocked to have won the award.
"I've been pretend winning Grammys since I was kid, like in my shower," Cara said before going on to ask viewers to support "real music and real artists."
Cara was also nominated in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video and Song of the Year categories.
- Two Injured After Truck Collides with Brampton Transit Bus
- Peel Police Arrest Man For Impaired Driving In Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Carjacking Incident In Brampton
- Emergency Crews Responding to Backyard Fire in Brampton
- A Brampton Student is Looking For Help to Attend Harvard In An Interesting Way