Brampton ranked in bottom five for average walk-in clinic wait times
A study was recently released by an online resource and app called Medimap, which allows users to check the wait times at their local walk-in clinics.
The study revealed that Brampton is ranked among the bottom five when it comes to wait times in cities across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
According to the report, statistics found that less than half (or only 42 per cent) of Canadians saw a doctor or nurse on the same day or next day the last time they required medical care.
"This means they are turning to other health care facilities like emergency rooms, for non-emergent situations," said CEO and Founder of Medimap, Blake Adam.
The report also referenced the Commonwealth Fund Report, which states that “Canada's health-care system ranks amongst the lowest-performing countries in relation to access to care, placing third-last in the developed world.”
According to the Medimap study, with data findings based on averages taken from November 1, 2018 - October 31, 2019, Brampton ranked fifth in terms of worst cities for walk-in clinic wait times across the GTA.
The average wait time in Brampton is 18 minutes, while Mississauga came close with 17 minutes, ranking outside the bottom five.
The bottom five cities for longest walk-in clinic wait times across the GTA were:
5. Brampton - 18 minutes
4. Milton - 24 minutes
3. Aurora - 24 minutes
2. Newmarket - 27 minutes
1. Whitby - 34 minutes
The city with the longest wait time in Ontario was Kingston, averaging at about 77 minutes.
For more information, visit www.medimap.ca or by checking out the mobile app.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Here's how to bypass wait times at walk-in clinics in Brampton
- A no-wait walk-in clinic is now open in Brampton
- Wait times for medical procedures cost Canadians billions of dollars last year
- You Can Now Find Wait Times Info Online for Surgeries and Procedures
- Province Moves Forward on Shorter Patient Wait Times for 2017-2018