Brampton Ranked One of the Best Places to Live in Canada
It's official! Brampton has been ranked as one of the best places to live in Canada.
ReMax has recently put out its Best Places to Live: Canada Liveability Report. The report focused on a variety of quality of life factors and how they impact Canadians' home-buying decisions.
When surveyed, six out of ten Canadians put easy access to shopping, dining and green spaces at the top of their liveability criteria.
Other criteria given include proximity to public transit, work and to preferred schools, as well as cultural and community centres.
The report states that the proximity and availability of these liveability factors are so important that Canadians spend more than two-thirds of their time in their own neighbourhood. This rate is higher among Baby Boomers compared to Gen Z, Millennial and Gen X Canadians.
According to the report's livability index, Brampton met many requirements for livability with high marks. In terms of getting the highest average of marks in the index, Brampton tied with Calgary for the overall best score: 7 high marks and 4 medium marks.
The city marks high in the following categories:
Availability of work/access to employment.
Availability of public transit.
Access to green places and parks.
Availability of small and large stores.
Easy access to bike lanes/walking paths.
So where are the best places to live in Brampton then?
According to the report the neighbourhoods of Heartlake, Sandringham and Fletchers Meadow in Brampton rank as the top three for access to green spaces, walkability, access to retail shops/restaurants as well as public transit.
Sandringham also has a high housing supply. Vales of Castlemore also turns out to be a hidden gem neighbourhood due to the housing affordability of its larger size property supply.
What do you think of Brampton ranking as one of the best places to live in Canada?
Photo courtesy of ReMax
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Police investigating after deceased male located in Brampton
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Peel Named One of Eight Best Municipalities in Canada
- Brampton Ranks Among Canada's Best Places to Live
- Here's Where Brampton Ranks Amongst the Best Places to Live in Ontario
- Here are the Cheapest Places to Live Near GO Transit Lines in Brampton
- Survey finds many Canadians unsure who has access to their data