Brampton Recreation Centre Set to Close for A Year
If you are a frequent user of Brampton's recreational facilities, you should know that one of them will be temporarily closed for some time.
Loafer's Lake Recreation Centre, located at 30 Loafer's Lake Lane near Kennedy Road and Sandalwood Parkway, is being upgraded and expanded.
Due to this work, the centre will be closed for these renovations beginning May 1 and will reopen in the fall of 2020.
According to the city, the renovations to Loafer's Lake will include:
A new fitness change rooms
Family change rooms
A sensory room
Refurbishments to the lobby, pool and parking lot
There are also a number of mechanical upgrades will also be completed to modernize the building's electrical and HVAC systems.
Facility users and program participants will be accommodated at other Brampton recreation centres for the duration of the closure.
Existing Loafer's Lake neighbourhood fitness members may use any of the other fitness facilities around Brampton.
Squash participants, and Inclusion and Integration programs will be relocated to Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, located at 292 Conestoga Drive (Kennedy Road and Bovaird Drive). Programs at Loafer's Lake will operate on a modified five-week schedule between March 18 and April 30.
For more information on program options and alternate facility locations, click here or call Service Brampton at 311.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Brampton Community Centres Host Drop-in Fitness Programs for Recreation Month
- Major Upgrades Could be Coming to Recreation Centres in Brampton
- Professor’s Lake and more to reopen in Brampton this week
- Professor's Lake Beach Set to Open Soon in Brampton
- Here’s How You Can Workout At Any Brampton Fitness Centre For Free