Brampton reopening Peel Village Golf Course, outdoor tennis and pickleball courts
The city will soon be reopening outdoor tennis courts, pickleball courts, and Peel Village Golf Course following the province’s announcement that some recreational amenities can reopen.
This Tuesday, May 19, the city’s 21 tennis courts and seven pickleball courts will reopen with some limitations:
- No more than two players will be permitted on a court at a time, one per each side of the net
- Players cannot share racquets or other equipment
- Outdoor restrooms are not available at this time (where amenities exist)
- No spectators allowed
The Peel Village Golf Course at 29A Hartford Trail will reopen on Friday, May 22. The The city says it is taking extra precautions to ensure everyone's health and safety at the golf course, including:
- Providing handwashing stations and hand sanitizer throughout the course
- Installing decals and directional signage for golfers to ensure safe movement around the parking lot and Clubhouse
- Limiting two players per tee time and one player per golf cart
- Increasing intervals between tee off times to 20 minutes
- Implementing enhanced and more frequent cleaning of amenities, including a disinfection program for golf carts and bathrooms
- Removing bunker rakes and raising golf cups to ensure "touchless play"
- Introducing additional security measures on the course to prevent contravention of the City's physical distancing efforts
The golf course is currently not taking group reservations, hosting tournaments, or offering instructional programs.
Residents at the golf course, tennis courts, and pickleball courts are asked to continue physically distancing by staying six feet apart, and those not physically distancing will be asked to leave.
"As the City of Brampton makes available additional services including our City golf course, we are doing so in a careful manner that puts user safety first and foremost,” said Mayor Patrick Brown.
“As a healthy and safe city, we are excited to see residents maintaining an active lifestyle, and we are taking the necessary steps to safely reopen these services that residents rely on."
- The Canadian Accent Has Been Ranked 13th Sexiest Accent In The World
- Building evacuated, roads closed due to potential ammonia leak in Brampton
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- House of the week: almost $1.7 mil house with stunning property