Brampton Resident Plans Big Move with His Big Lotto Win
A Brampton man is celebrating after winning a generous sum with Encore.
Daniele Dodorico recently took home $100,000 after matching six of the seven winning numbers in his Encore selection.
"I always add an Encore play to my lottery tickets," Dodorico told OLG at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "After having lunch with my daughters, I decided to stop at the store and check my numbers."
The last ticket he scanned was the winner.
"I scanned the ticket in the ticket checker and saw the words 'Big Winner - $100,000' flash on the screen. I thought there was something wrong with the machine. I rescanned my ticket twice and didn't know what to do next. I just folded the ticket, put it in my pocket and left the store."
The father of two headed home to share the good news with his wife.
"I said, 'I think I won $100,000!' She said, 'No you didn't. Prove it.' We used the computer to check the numbers. That's when I realized I won with Encore."
Dodorico plans to put his winnings towards both exciting and practical causes.
"I want to invest for my retirement. We also want to move to Niagara-on-the-Lake so we can enjoy the theatre scene. This win will help us reach our goal," he said.
Encore can be played in conjunction with most online lottery games for an extra $1. There is an Encore draw every day.
The winning ticket was purchased at Fortino's on Quarry Edge Drive in Brampton.
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Overnight stabbing in Brampton prompts police inviestigation
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing