Brampton Residents Charged in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Mississauga
Four people have been charged in connection with a hit-and-run where a 61-year-old woman was struck and killed in Mississauga last week.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. Layla Wilke, 61, was crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove when she was hit by a car.
Wilke suffered major injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle, a small white car, did not remain on the scene.
On Saturday February 17 just before 7 p.m., police say that Satchithanantha Vaithilingam, a 60-year-old male from Brampton, surrendered to police at 22 division. The suspect, who police also say was the driver, has been charged with fail to remain causing death.
Hivissa Satchitananthan, a 25-year-old woman from Brampton, Shajeetha Satchitananthan, a 28-year-old woman from Brampton, and Gowtham Satkunarajah, a 28-year-old male from Brampton, have each been charged with accessory after the fact.
The suspects will respond to their charges on March 26.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- LANE CLOSURE: Collision Involving Transit Bus in Brampton Causing Delays
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Brampton Soon
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Paramedics Respond to Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Vehicle Involved in Fatal Hit-and-Run Located in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Facing Charges in Connection With Shooting Death of Mississauga Man
- Woman Charged With Impaired Driving After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- 20 Year Old Male Charged with First Degree Murder
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Brampton Woman Charged After Woman and Cars Struck in Hit and Run