Brampton School Closures to be Aware of
Students in Brampton may be happy to hear this news.
All schools and offices in the Peel District School Board are closed today (Feb. 6) due to bad weather conditions.
Environment Canada has issued a freezing rain warning for Brampton.
"An area of freezing rain is moving over the area this morning," notes the Environment Canada website.
"The freezing rain could persist for much of the day before changing to freezing drizzle this evening. Freezing drizzle is expected to continue tonight and into Thursday morning."
All schools in the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board are also closed today.
Post-secondary students should also note that Sheridan College is ending classes early. In fact, Sheridan says that all of its classes will end at 11:00 am and all three of its campuses (Mississauga, Oakville and Brampton) will close at noon today. The closure extends to all of Sheridan's facilities, but campus security will remain on site.
Roads, walkways, highways, and parking lots could become icy and slippery.
Utility outages also may occur.
Stay safe today, Brampton.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway