Brampton school in hold and secure due to reported shooting
A Brampton school is in hold and secure following a reported shooting incident in Brampton, police say.
Peel police say that a motorist reported that their windshield was shot out with a gun in the Bovaird Dr. W. and Mississauga Rd. area.
The call came in around noon on Dec. 13.
Officers are investigating the report.
David Suzuki Secondary School is in hold and secure while officers search the area.
Updates to follow.
Police say the hold and secure has been lifted and that investigation has revealed that it was not a firearm, but instead a bat that was used to break the windshield.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Ontario rolls out massive flu shot campaign in bid to keep hospitals from overflowing amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Police Investigation Puts Another Brampton School under Hold and Secure
- Brampton Elementary School Under Hold and Secure Due to Incident
- Brampton school under hold and secure as police investigate threats
- Brampton School Placed Under Hold and Secure While Police Search for Armed Suspect
- Hold and Secure in Effect at Brampton Elementary School