Brampton Schools Under Hold and Secure as Police Search for Possible Armed Suspect
Five Brampton schools are under hold and secure on Friday morning as Peel police search for a man who’s potentially armed.
Officers are responding to a call near Sandalwood Pkwy. and Conestoga Dr. around 9:50 a.m. for a man who may have a weapon.
But a weapon wasn’t seen, say police.
Schools affected include Heart Lake, Conestoga P.S., Terry Fox P.S., St. Leonard, and Notre Dame.
The hold and secure is a precautionary measure.
Avoid the area.
UPDATE: The hold and secure has been lifted.
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure
- Brampton Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Man With Possible Weapon
- UPDATED: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Stabbing in Brampton
- Six schools under hold and secure as police search for suspect in Brampton
- Brampton School Placed Under Hold and Secure While Police Search for Armed Suspect
- Two Brampton Schools are in Hold and Secure