Brampton Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Robbery
Three schools in Brampton were under hold and secure following a robbery this morning (Feb. 14).
Peel Police say that a commercial robbery occurred in the area of Centre Street and Kennedy Road in the city. According to police, a suspect showed a knife and ran out of the store with property.
As a result, the following schools were under hold and secure: Carrefour Des Jeunes, Saint Cecilia Elementary School, and Westervelts Corners Public School.
Note that the hold and secure has been lifted and the suspect of the convenience store robbery is in custody.
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure