Brampton seeks community feedback for reopening of city's economy
The City of Brampton is seeking community feedback on plans for reopening and recovering the city’s economy.
The Mayor's Reopening and Recovery Working Group has begun seeking community feedback to ensure that the City's reopening meets the service and safety needs of the public and staff.
This will include a series of consultations with user groups, businesses and community groups, beginning with a sports group consultation on May 13.
The Brampton community is also invited to share their feedback by participating in a newly launched Reopening and Recovery survey.
Led by Regional Councillor Martin Medeiros and with guidance from the Brampton Emergency Management Office, the working group will focus on reopening City facilities in a safe way and the group will advise on processes to guide the specialized COVID-19 task forces during the phased return.
This will ensure that residents, businesses and employees continue to receive the support they need.
“Developing plans for our eventual reopening and recovery of the City relies on close collaboration with our partners and the guidance of the Province and Peel Public Health,” said Mayor Patrick Brown.
“Our goal is to establish a coordinated response that maintains momentum in preventing the spread of COVID-19. I am grateful for our community's hard work and commitment and ask for their ongoing support as we continue our response.”
For more information on the City's response to COVID-19, visit www.brampton.ca/COVID19.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Impaired driver smashes into tree in Brampton
- Brampton launches mayor's working group to plan for city's reopening
- Patrick Brown emphasizes importance of not rushing economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Plans in motion for provinces to begin reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Province announces dates for more Ontario businesses to begin reopening
- Ontario providing workplace safety guidelines to help employers prepare for economy's reopening