Brampton Senior Charged in Head On Collision
A senior from Brampton and a man from Barrie have been charged after a head-on collision in Caledon.
On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at approx. 12:25 am, police were dispatched to a motor vehicle collision on Airport Road at Huntsmill Drive.
Police say the head-on collision involved a silver Dodge Caravan and a grey Toyota.
As a result of the investigation, the driver of the Dodge, Nita Gordon, 88, of Brampton was charged with careless driving and driving a motor vehicle without a licence.
The driver of the Toyota, Sukwinder Singh, 23, of Barrie was charged with driving with more than a 0.8 blood-alcohol level. The 90-day Administrative Drivers' Licence Suspension (ADLS) program was initiated and the male's motor vehicle was impounded for a period of 7 days.
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to make his first appearance at the Ontario Court of Justice in Orangeville on May 18, 2017.
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Man in custody after vehicle drives into ditch in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Brampton G1 Driver Charged With Stunt Driving
- Brampton Dump Truck Driver Charged Following Collision With Train in Puslinch
- Underage Brampton Teen Charged With Impaired Driving
- Brampton Man Dead After Collision on Major Road in Caledon
- Roads Closed and Peel Police on Scene Following Motor Vehicle Collision in Brampton