Brampton Set to Experience Extreme Cold
It's been a very strange winter indeed.
If you've been outside today, you no doubt know that our balmy winter has come to an abrupt halt (which can only be expected, as winter is cold).
In light of the drop in temperatures, cities surrounding Brampton—namely Mississauga and Toronto—have been issuing extreme cold weather alerts.
Extreme cold weather alerts are issued when temperatures drop to -15 or colder (windchill factored in).
On Thursday morning, temperatures sat at -12 and felt like -18. On Friday morning, they're expected to sit at -4 and feel like -10.
Oddly enough, it appears we're looking at a warm weekend.
According to The Weather Network, we can expect temperatures of +6 and +4 on Saturday and Sunday.
That said, experts are advising residents to stay indoors as much as possible, dress appropriately (wear multiple layers and cover as much exposed skin as you can), drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol or caffeine ), reschedule any outdoor plans and bring all pets indoors if they are not inside already.
- Brampton hosting drive-thru Canada Day experience
- Police investigating shooting near Jayfield Park in Brampton
- Non-medical masks will be mandatory in public indoor spaces in Brampton
- Brampton Transit increasing operating capacity
- 157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 22 new cases found in Brampton